Ph.D., Duke University
Jon Beasley-Murray has a Ph.D. from Duke University.
- Latin American cultural, literary, and political history
- The Latin American left and social movements
- Colonial Latin America and its maritime links with Spain
- The theory and practice of Latin American cultural studies
- Globalization and global latinidad
- Continental philosophy, especially Deleuze and Guattari and Bourdieu
- Italian social theory, such as Antonio Negri and autonomia
- Cultural studies and Marxist theory
Posthegemony. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2010.
Latin America’s Left Turns. Co-edited with Max Cameron and Eric Hershberg. Special issue of Third World Quarterly 30.2 (2009).
The New Latin Americanism: Cultural Studies Beyond Borders. Special issue of the Journal of Latin American Cultural Studies 11.3 (December 2002)
Subaltern Affect. Co-edited with Alberto Moreiras. Special issue of Angelaki 6.1 (April 2001).