The FHIS Graduate Student Association (FHIS-GSA) aims to improve the overall experience of graduate students at the Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies. Its purpose is to represent graduate students’ views and concerns when establishing administrative, academic and social agendas, as well as to provide mentorship for incoming students.
- To help foster and maintain a sense of community among graduate students and the Department
- To accomplish what is required by FHIS and UBC, such as attendance at UBC mandated affairs for graduate representatives
Student Representatives for 2020-2021
- Nicolas-Bernier-Wong (President)
- Mirta Roncagalli (Co-President)
- Girish Ramgulam (Alternate President)
- Johann Pitter (Treasurer)
- Shiyuan Ma (Academic and Social Events Coordinator)
- Nicolas-Bernier-Wong and Mirta Roncagalli (CUPE 2278 Representatives)
The primary role of a student representative is to effectively listen, collaborate and communicate the views and concerns of all students represented; to bring key issues to departmental meetings and faculty committees; and to make changes with the aim of improving the overall graduate student experience. It is our hope that our representatives will become truly “representative”.
Contact FHIS-GSA by completing the contact form.
Learn more about FHIS-GSA through the FHIS AIR website.