Use your creativity to recreate or modernize famous paintings from the Francophone, Hispanic, Italian, or Lusophone world for a chance to win a gift card to the UBC Bookstore! A total of $300’s worth of prizes will be distributed among the winners.
You can recreate these famous paintings through any creative medium—whether that’s through a re-enactment, artwork, photography, and more. View more examples.
Your submission will be featured on the FHIS Instagram account!
Submission deadline: April 2, 2023 (Sunday) at 11:59 pm.
Each contest entry will be uploaded onto the Instagram account of the Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies (@UBC_FHIS) during the voting period of April 3-6.
Winners will be determined by the number of 'likes' they receive, so make sure you share your contest entries with friends and family to increase your chances of winning!
- Submission deadline: April 2 (at 11:59 pm - PST)
- Voting period: April 3-6 (on Instagram)
- Winners announced: April 7
For your contest submission to be considered valid, contestants must:
- Follow the FHIS Instagram Account (@UBC_FHIS)
- Complete the online form below, which asks you to submit the:
- Image file of the recreated painting
- Image file of the original painting—along with its title, artist, country of origin, and year of creation
- April 2, 2023 (Sunday) at 11:59 pm (PST)
- Multiple contest entries: You are allowed to submit multiple contest entries. Please complete a new submission form for each one.
- Multiple contest participants: You are allowed to collaborate with other participants per contest entry. Please indicate their names in the submission form.
- Painting locale: The famous paintings you are recreating must come from the Francophone, Hispanic, Italian, or Lusophone world. (For example, we will not accept recreated paintings from the Dutch world.)
Questions? Contact us.
Organized by the FHIS Cultural Club.