- BA (Music), Wilfrid Laurier University, 2009
- Diploma (Culinary Arts), Conestoga College, 2010
- BA (French), University of British Columbia, 2016
Nick’s MA thesis research focuses on Jean de La Fontaine’s Fables choisies and the nature of his fables complexes, using linguistic and textual analysis to re-examine the definitions of these fables in order to create a more flexible and nuanced classification system for them.
In addition to his academic pursuits, Nick in an active orchestral musician, currently holding the post of principal horn of the New Westminster Symphony Orchestra, and playing regularly with the West Coast Symphony Orchestra and other groups in the Lower Mainland.
- Jean de La Fontaine and his fables
- Foreign-language acquisition
- Corpus linguistics