Advising: Specialization

Declare or drop a Major, Minor, or Honours specialization in one of two ways:


  1. Login to the Student Service Centre (SSC) and select your campus and session.
  2. Select specialization from the browse menu to see a list of all degree programs with specializations.
  3. Select your degree program.
  4. Select your area of specialization from the subject list.
  5. Click add spec.
  6. If the specialization indicates that you must contact the department, you will not be able to declare it online. Contact your academic advising office for details.
  7. (To make changes: use the switch spec. button)

Arts Advising can adjust your specialization on your behalf by filling out their online form.

Arts Advising only accepts online specialization requests outside of the registration period (registration runs from mid-June to mid-September). During registration periods, declare your specializations via the SSC.

Still debating whether you should specialize in one of our programs?

You may wish to explore:

Contact an advisor (optional):

  • Discuss your options with an advisor by contacting them through the form below or by visiting office hours.